Imagine enjoying sundowners while watching the game at the nearby waterhole
This lovely family home grew into a functioning lodge that is situated in Grietjie Private Nature Reserve, a section of Balule, and enjoys the free movement of game between the reserve and the Kruger National Park.
The main house, boma and guest area all overlook a waterhole that is frequented by general plains game and on occasion the Big 5 - lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo.
The main house consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large lounge and dining room with a separate kitchen and scullery as well as a functional laundry room. A large undercover patio runs the length of the house on the East side, thus ensuring a lovely shaded area in the heat of the Bushveld afternoon.
The guest, or extended family and friends area, consists of an open plan kitchen, dining and entertainment area. With 3 ensuite bedrooms the guest house makes the perfect self catering house.
A separate one bedroom, ensuite cottage, is also situated between the guest wing and the main house.
- The property is sold fully furnished except for some personal items.
- Water is supplied from a strong borehole, supported by large storage tanks.
- 3 phase Eskom power.
- A typically 'old farmhouse style' property.
- The swimming pool has been beautifully renovated from an old farm dam.
- Raised deck for soaking up the sun.
- Lovely view across the open area to a typically bushveld 'koppie'.
- The gardens and paths are looking great.
- A loyal staff member, familiar with the complete workings of the property, would be willing to stay on. He knows where the Eskom cables are, the workings of the electric fence, and the maintenance of the borehole. These kinds of people are invaluable!
- Grietjie access roads,
- the adjoining large farm Doreen and
- the picnic site situated on the Olifants River.
The commercial side has operated successfully but, on the sale of the property, these 'rights' will fall away and any new owner, if wishing to operate commercially, will need to apply to, and stand in line with the Grietjie Management. There are currently 3 applications before this one. Grietjie is limiting the amount of commercial activity in order to protect the integrity of the Private Nature Reserve.
Even if you were to choose this property for your own home, just the prestige of being in a Big 5 area, open to the Greater Kruger National Park is an advantage in itself.
This Property for sale Grietjie Private Nature Reserve offers many opportunities. Please compare this property with others and add it to the list "to view".
About Grietjie Private Nature Reserve
Grietjie Private Nature Reserve, a Big 5 reserve, is located in the northern section of Balule Nature Reserve, 30 km south of Phalaborwa, Limpopo Province. The reserve encompasses some 2 800ha of bushveld, including 6km of impressive river frontage on the perennial Olifants River. The local towns of Phalaborwa and Hoedspruit are not too far away.
- Open Fireplace
- Built in cupboards
- Open plan living area
- En suite master bathroom
- Aircons throughout
- Aircon in bedrooms
- Covered Patio
- Swimming Pool
- Water tank
- Mountain views
- Secure estate 24/7 manned entrance
- Electric fence
- Staff quarters
- Separate Cottage
- Guest House
- Undercover parking